Sunday, December 21, 2008

Inspired Vintage Renewals

Maybe I'm late to the trends, but ever since I got my Anthropologie and Free People catalogs for Christmas, I've been head over heals in love with the avant-garde designs I'm finding. I crave the unexpected frills and asymmetrical lines, the mixture of heavy wools and delicate gossamer fabrics. It's exciting, because it's fantasy dressing for real girls!

I'm very inspired by those who explore deconstruction, recycling, and taking cues from fashions from decades ago to create completely new and fun designs. Today I found this book
and that's what set me to work on this blog!

Of course everything I see translates into purse making, but I'm thinking after the holidays I want to try my hand at making some interesting jackets and blouses. You never know what I might come up with!

One things for sure though, If I decide I want to wear my new creations with "boyfriend" jeans, I'll definitely look to local thrift shopping for them, as I'm blown away that anyone could (or would) pay the $250 to $300 pricey price tag at the Free People site for them. Puleeze!

No comments: