Friday, January 16, 2009

Exquisite Embroidery

I'm so excited! My sweet, sweet, oh so talented friend Teriann has promised to come and visit me and teach me how to use my Bernina embroidery machine! What a treat - first of all just to have some time to spend with my friend, but to have her teach me what my machine will do is awesome! 

 Teriann is a machine embroidery expert and artist. She creates the most intricate designs and digitizes them so that others can download them and create with her designs too! Today I want to feature a breathtaking example of her custom work.

This 22 x 22 pillow called "Chanson Triste" was inspired by the French opera song, Originally created as a custom and very special Christmas gift, the design is now available special purchase in her Etsy Shop, Kitty Kitty Designs

This keepsake pillow is luxurious in every way ... from the special lyric surrounded by trailing cabbage roses and swirls to the rose crystal accents and fringe set on raw silk. The background is a lovely cotton rose motif and back of pillow is made from a soft dusty rose silk. The pillow is 100% goose feather surrounded by quilted 250 count cotton. It is also beautifully presented in this gorgeous custom created fabric covered box - what a fabulous gift!

Please visit Teriann's shop and her blog at http://asliceofpink.blogspot.com/ for more of her delightful designs. She has the cutest little Valentine Sprites you've ever seen!  Oh I almost forgot to tell you about her Kitty Kitty Designs Network - be sure to join!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dianne

What a wonderful tribute to Teriann's beautiful work.

I love that pillow, it's amazing.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! You're lucky to have private lessons! How exciting.

Susie said...

Dianne, TA does such beautiful work! I love everything she does.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

WOW what beautiful work! So nice of you to share your love for beautiful things on your blog. Teriann's work offers the loveliness of the old and new with the charm of days gone by. Absolutely beautiful details!

Susan
www.myvintagecharm.com

Deb said...

Hi Dianne.....TAs pillow is really beautiful and you are so sweet to feature other artists here on your blog. I also wanted to say how lovely your new blog is....way to go!

Pink hugs,
Debbie
www.shabbycozycottage.com
www.patchoulirosehome.com