Monday, January 19, 2009

Loving French Country Decor

Yep, I'm a Francophile! I've never been to France, but I'm just smitten with most everything French! I'm especially just nuts for French Country Decor ... it really speaks to my soul.

Have you ever seen the Pierre Deux catalog or website? I used to get it back when it was named French Country, and I am always so excited when a new copy comes in the mail.

I saw this gorgeous chair and ottoman on their newsletter and again the front page of their website and fell deeply in love. I don't know where my sudden infatuation with yellow/gold fabrics is coming from - maybe I'm just really craving Spring, but I do love this fabric!

I have a black armless chair and an ottoman that both desperately need to be slipcovered and I've been searching for fabrics for way too long for them. Seriously - right now the ottoman has a very sad country looking dusty pink slipcover that was on it when I snagged it at a garage sale. The ottoman itself has great bones and is perfect for the chair, which I also snagged at my friends furniture resale store for a song. I'm so sad that my friend had to close her shop recently. :(

So, I am inspired - I think this will be the new look for my living room chair and ottoman as soon as I locate similar fabric. Of course they do have this fabric available to purchase by the yard, but, um ... $80 a yard is not quite in my budget even if I sold 50 purses this month (which would be awesome!)  I did finally find the close up photos in the sales section (duh!) on the Pierre Deux website! I'm now on the hunt for similar fabric in my price range! Until my next yummy installment, enjoy the beauty and think Spring!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to Pierre Deux! Please, sign up for our newsletter. I will let you know about a new French Country site we're launching in the summer.

Christiana
Pierre Deux Web Assistant

French Fabric said...

Great post and nice design.I have noticed that people like French products due to beautiful designs and varieties.

Pamela Poole said...

Bonjour Dianne.

I thought you might like to know about www.francophilia.com, the social network for francophiles.

You can also follow us on Twitter for daily French culture bites and francophile treats! @francophilia

Merci et à bientôt.

Pamela Poole (LaGoulue)
Founder